I'm crazy but you like it.

I'm crazy but you like it.
easy like sunday mornin

About Me

My photo
I'm not a hippie, but i don't like polluting the earth I love the study of ergonomics. And biology. And sociology. I hate politics. I truly have an amazing husband. He spoils me without me asking. He doesn't even give me a chance to forget how amazing he is. I have baggage. I'm not ashamed of it. I love coffee. French Market Coffee. I change everyday

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Need A Penny, Take A Penny

What if everyone in the world acted like a "Need A Penny, Take A penny" cup?

So many people live in so much access that they don't need, don't use, don't even know they have. Then there are so many people who don't have what they need. Whether what they need is material possessions, time, help, support, it seems that there are so many people who could offer their services or their surplus but don't. When did humanity become fueled by greed and selfishness.

How much better would our world be? How much happier would we be- as individuals and as a whole people...
I remember the day that I was going for my job interview I think I had $5 in my pocket. I was starving and exhausted, and I stopped at Starbucks to get a coffee. My esteem was really down that day, because I didn't really have any office clothes that were suitable, I was nervous about getting the job, and I was just so stressed. The car in front of me in the drive-through was a new black Mercedes-Benz. I made a judgement. "Stuck-up rich person." I thought. That stuck up rich person paid for my coffee, and I payed it forward the next time I had enough money. Then I thought about the movie, Pay It Forward.


How novel is that idea?! Why can't people do that ALL THE TIME?!

No comments:

Post a Comment