I'm crazy but you like it.

I'm crazy but you like it.
easy like sunday mornin

About Me

My photo
I'm not a hippie, but i don't like polluting the earth I love the study of ergonomics. And biology. And sociology. I hate politics. I truly have an amazing husband. He spoils me without me asking. He doesn't even give me a chance to forget how amazing he is. I have baggage. I'm not ashamed of it. I love coffee. French Market Coffee. I change everyday

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Traditional American Dream, Only Some Are Deserving....?

The traditional American dream was to work hard, provide for one's family, and enjoy life's little pleasures. The new American Dream? Win the lottery and eat any and every food that is deep fried.

The "America" I read about in my history books in school was a place that ANYONE could come to as a sanctuary from oppression,  poverty. Somewhere people could turn to for a better life for their families and a place where they could build a foundation or the future generations of those families. And now America looks to me like some sort of exclusive club.

Clearly, I'm not Republican. I'm not a political person. The political labels are complete bullshit. We're to busy in this country fighting social wars between these labels about when "life" starts and whose fault it is that this country has become one of fried foods and lottery dreams. Too busy to recognize the complete lack of logic in arguing when life starts, but being okay with shooting someone on-site who merely wants to come into this country to live out the traditional American dream. Blue Collar Mexicans that simply want healthcare for their kids, and to build a future for their children, and to work and do the jobs that Americans are too good for these days. What happened to acceptance and humanitarianism?! We will give to charities and "adopt" children from other countries for $20 a month but deny a good life earned from someone wanting to work for it.

Have Americans really gotten this complacent and naive and unable to think for themselves that they don't see this? Yes.

I brought up Republicans because a few people who label themselves as such have told me that because of my opinion on these matters that I am not American. Labels are so important to people these days....


The Greed of society today sickens me. America. The healthcare and good jobs are okay for us to have. But Mexicans are lowly and disgusting and do not deserve the same respect as we clean American humans do. Our babies deserve those things because they were born here. Those Mexican babies do not.

WTF America? W...T....F?  

1 comment:

  1. Well said. Glad for your social concern and reflections relevant. Thanking You for sharing so nice with charming profile expressed.

    ReplyDelete